Friday, August 23, 2013
It's no secret that the mashed potatoes from Texas Roadhouse are the best in town. Of course it's because they are made-from-scratch but it also has to do with how they are prepared. We're sharing this secret tip with you to make your taters better at home! How to Give Your Potatoes a Home-style Feel
- Peel strips of skin off potatoes using a vegetable peeler (about 1 inch strips). Leaving ½ of the skin on the potato.
- Cut potatoes into 8 equal pieces ( ½ potato and then cut each half into 4 equal pieces). Equal sizes = even cooking.
- Use cold water and fill pan so that it is level with the amount of potatoes
- Bring water to boil on high heat. Turn down to medium heat and cover with a lid. Check potatoes after 10 minutes.
- Once the skin starts to peel off your taters are ready. You can also check to see if your potatoes are ready by poking them with a fork to see if they are tender
- Drain completely.
- Continue to follow your recipe and be sure to use these tips in the future to give your taters a home-style feel! Let us know how your taters turned out on our Pinterest or in the comments section below!