Friday, August 30, 2013
Football season is here! You know what that means... it's time to eat wings too! Well, wings are always delicious but use this recipe to wow your friends and family at your next football party or tailgate.
How to Fry Chicken Wings
Ingredients & Amounts
Equipment: colander, tongs, fryer, tongs, latex gloves, large mixing bowl, cooking thermometer
Chicken Wings (wings and/or Drummies): as needed
Wing Sauce: 2 oz per portion
Celery Sticks: 3 to 5 pieces
Dipping Sauce (Bleu Cheese or Ranch): 2 oz
• Remove wings and/or drummies from packaging, placing them in the colander
• Rinse them in a sink and allow to air dry 5 to 10 minutes
• Preheat Fry Daddy or persona fryer to 350 degrees F
• Place wings into fry basket and fry until wings done.
* Floating wings are a good sign they are close.
• Wings are fully cooked once they reach 170 degrees F. You test this by inserting a cooking thermometer into the thickest part of a drumstick.
• Once done remove the fry basket and suspend over the fryer for several minutes to allow excess grease to drain.
• Using clean tongs place cooked wings in a large mixing bowl.
• Add your favorite wing sauce to the bowl.
• Using tongs mix the wings and sauce until coated.
• Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce and celery sticks.
Let us know how your chicken wings turned out on our Pinterest or in the comments section below!