Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Trying to juggle the chaos of getting back into school mode? Here is an easy kids' craft to help encourage your kids to pick up their pencils and work on their school work. Pencil Topper Kids' Craft Supplies
- pen (or pencil)
- package of multi-colored pipe cleaners
- foam shapes/cutouts, pompoms, etc.
- hot glue gun Instructions
1. Pompom topper: Poke hole in pompom then shoot hot glue in hole and place on top of pencil eraser. Next, wrap pipe cleaner tightly around pencil.
2. Foam flower topper: Use two identical foam cutouts and place pipe cleaner in between the two. Glue both sides together then wrap pipe cleaner tightly around pencil. Layer foam pieces if desired, as shown in photo below.
3. Rose topper: Fold four pink and two green pipe cleaners in half. Place the green pipe cleaners in the middle of the pink pipe cleaners and twist the pink pipe cleaners tightly around the green pipe cleaners. Then evenly space out all of the pink pipe cleaners and make an "x" shape with the green pipe cleaners. Roll all of the pink pipe cleaners up, making a rose shape as shown in picture. Roll three green pipe cleaners up to make a pedal shape and twist the last green pipe cleaner around pencil.
Let us know how your taters turned out on our Pinterest
or in the comments section below!