Friday, December 06, 2013
Sticky Buns, Monkey Bread, or Sticky Bread... call this delicious dessert what you want, but you have to try this recipe for a tasty treat. The holidays are here and feel-good comfort food is a must!
Texas Roadhouse Sticky Buns
3 egg yolks
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
6 Texas Roadhouse Dinner Rolls
1 cup chopped pecan
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Melt some additional butter or use pan spray to coat a large muffin pan.
3. Split each TRH dinner roll and cut the halves into about 4-6 equal sized pieces. Set aside in a large mixing bowl.
4. Mix the sugars and cinnamon and set aside.
5. Whisk egg yolks, melted butter and milk, pour over cut bread and toss immediately. Don’t let the bread get too soggy.
6. Sprinkle the sugar mixture across the bread cubes and toss to evenly coat the cubes in the sugar mixture.
7. Mix nuts and raisins in the with the bread cubes.
8. Evenly portion the bread mixture into the large muffin pan. You should get about 9 portions.
9. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, turn the pan at 10 minutes. Check the temperature at 2o minutes, should be around 190-200F.
10. When fully cooked, remove and allow to cool. Use a sharp knife and run around the edge of the pan to loosen the buns.
11. Carefully cover the muffin pan with a similarly sized sheet pan and quickly flip the pair to release the buns.
12. Drizzle icing if desired, serve warm