Friday, January 24, 2014
Looking for the perfect appetizer to impress your guests for the Big Game? Try this delicious jalapeño poppers recipe, or as we like to call 'em, Rattlesnake Bites!
- 12 large jalapenos, seeded and cut in half
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned or unseasoned
- vegetable oil
1. Wash jalapenos, cut in half, and take out seeds.
2. Stuff each half with grated jack cheese.
3. In shallow bowl, mix flour, egg, Parmesan, milk, salt, and pepper to taste.
4. Place breadcrumbs in flat dish.
5. Dip jalapeno in egg mixture and then in breadcrumbs.
6. Place in freezer for 1/2 hour.
7. Take out of freezer and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
8. Serve immediately with Ranch Dressing or Cajun Horseradish Sauce!
Remember, these are only tips for you to try it at home. This is not the Texas Roadhouse Legendary Recipe. We can't give that to just anyone, you know. If you want the real deal you will have to stop by your area Texas Roadhouse.