Monday, March 31, 2014
Here's how to make delicious cream gravy at home. Gather all ingredients before beginning recipe.
1 qt sauce pan
16 oz. milk
1 oz. oil
1 oz. flour
½ tsp. pepper
• Measure milk and set aside for later use.
• Place oil in the sauce pan and heat on medium heat.
• Once hot, add flour and continuously stir with the wire whisk until the oil and flour mix turns a blonde color.
• When the flour and oil is a blonde color add the milk reserved from step 1.
• Milk will thicken as you whisk it together with the roux.
• When the desired thickness is reached, remove the sauce pan from the heat.
• Add pepper to the gravy and incorporate with the wire whisk.
Sausage Gravy: Using 4 oz. of sausage, cook the sausage in the sauce pan until done. Add the flour to the sausage and sausage grease and cook the mixture until it is blonde in color. Add milk and finish according to the recipe.
Hot Pepper Gravy: If you like your gravy with a little more kick add equal amounts of white (1/2 tsp) and black pepper (1/2 tsp)
to follow us on Pinterest for recipes, crafts and more!