Friday, August 08, 2014
You can use leftover steak and baked potatoes to make this. Always cool your leftovers completely before you store them and remember to cook everything to a safe temperature. You will need a good 10-12 inch oven safe, non-stick pan to make this recipe. Remember after you have started step three to turn on your oven to the “broiler” setting. Ingredients:
10 large eggs
1/4 cup half and half
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
6 ounces bacon, rough diced
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1 1/2 cups cold baked potatoes, peeled and rough chopped about 1/2” (about 1 large or two small baked potatoes)
4 –6 ounces diced steak
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Diced jalapeño and red onion for garnish
1. Beat eggs, half and half and salt/pepper in a bowl and set aside.
2. Pre-heat your non-stick pan for a couple of minutes and then fry bacon. When bacon begins to crisp add onions and cook until lightly golden.
3. Add diced leftover baked potatoes and cook until golden and slightly crispy. Turn on the broiler and move top rack to within 5 inches of the element.
4. Add your diced steak and cook to warm throughout.
5. Reduce the heat on your pan and add your egg mixture. Begin folding the egg mixture with the ingredients until it looks like runny scrabbled eggs. Remove from heat and mix in the cheese.
6. Place frittata into oven under broiler element until the top begins to puff and brown. Watch carefully, all ovens are different- 3-6 minutes.
7. Remove when it is brown and fluffy and let stand for 5 minutes to set. Slide the frittata onto a pilate, garnish with diced jalapeño and onion, slice and serve.