Wednesday, August 21, 2013
There is nothing like a Loaded Sweet Potato. It's so delicious, we have trouble deciding whether or not to categorize it as a side item or a dessert.
If you have not yet tasted the Loaded Sweet Potato at Texas Roadhouse, what are you waiting for? You better get movin' and go indulge in this delicious side item right now.
Here's a recipe to help satisfy your cravings at home:
Equipment: Oven safe pan, knife, oven mitts, measuring cups
- Bake sweet potato in oven at 450° for 35 to 45 minutes, until tender.
- Remove at once and prick with a fork to let steam out – be careful, steam will be very hot.
- Cut a 1 1/2-inch cross in the center of each potato.
- Using oven mitts open the potato by pushing the ends toward the center until filling starts to push through the cut.
- Place ½ the marshmallows into the sweet potato
- Pour 2 oz of your favorite store brand caramel sauce over the marshmallows; or make your own sauce using the recipe below.
- Place the rest of the marshmallows over the caramel sauce.
- Put potato bake on an oven safe pan and put back in the oven on Broil.
- Let cook for just a minute or two, keeping careful watch.
- Remove from oven when marshmallows start to brown.
- Serve as soon as possible.
Honey Caramel Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
In a saucepan add butter and whisk in brown sugar: do not boil. Add honey and continue stirring for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
Let us know how your Loaded Sweet Potato turned out on our Pinterest or in the comments section below!